iLevil 3 AW
Now with the NORSEE approval, the iLevil is a more advance system designed for General Aviation, Experimental, Light Sport Aviation, Ultralights or anything else that flies, floats or hover!
The AW provides with ADS-B weather and traffic information, GPS navigation, pitot static connection, AHRS and data Recording. Unlike the iLevil SW, the iLevil AW can be used as a portable or permanent-mounted instrument. It integrates static and dynamic pressure transducers which make indicated airspeed and pressure altitude obtained from the pitot static system available, offering a six-pack solution broadcasted to the tablet of your choice.
The iLevil AW facilitates installation with remote GPS and ADS-B antennas, and power inputs for 12V to 28V systems. Compatible with a wide range of apps, tablets and mobile devices, the AW is the ideal all-in-one solution for a wide variety of aircrafts where weight, space and cost are important.
Just like the rest of our products, it can connect to as many as 7 devices simultaneously, providing redundancy and almost limitless panel display options.
The iLevil AW Features 3 serial ports that can be used for data transfer between tablets and other avionics in the cockpit. The new Data Recording features allows you to insert a SD card and record all of your flight data such as position, airspeed, altitude, etc. and displays the information on various platforms.
(Attitude and Heading Reference Systems)
- No-drift technology the iLevil series are meticulously calibrated for optimal performance and even during aerobatics.
- No-lag, No-tumble the AHRS data refreshed at 14 frames per second, the max rate of turn is 500 deg/sec and attitude is completely independent of GPS.
- Pressure Data Available when connecting the iLevil AW
(Global Positioning System)
Optional GPS source meets the position source performance requirements of §91.227 for ADS-B Out in the experimental aircraft market. Reliable GPS signal eliminates GPS dropouts resulting from using tablet’s internal GPS.
ADS-B Receiver (978 MHz/1090)
- Free in-flight Weather and Traffic Air-to-air traffic from ADS-B out equipped aircraft. Ground to air rebroadcast of traffic (USA Only).
- Power Efficient Design Maximizes reception while maintaining low power consumption, thus reducing operating temperatures and increasing battery life. No overheating concerns.
- Outstanding Sensitivity No need for remote antennas! Captures weather and traffic information even where the competition simply won’t reach.
SD Card (Data Recording Capabilities)
The iLevil 3 AW features the ability to record data and save all of your flight information. This information can be saved in multiples formats such as .FDR, .GPX, .CSV. Using these three formats data can be used to recreate a flight on flight simulator programs or applications, to be view on google earth, or the data can be displayed on excel and used to create graphs.
What’s in the box?
- Wireless iLevil 3 AW device
- USB to Mini USB cable
- GPS Antenna
- ADS-B antenna
- DB15 male connector
- User Manual
- SD card
AHRS Utility App
The AHRS Utility is a free-of-subscription application designed as a visual aid when troubleshooting and adjusting your levil devices. The app is available to download for free in the app store for iOS devices.
NORSEE is a production approval that allows Levil Aviation to legally sell units for installation on certified aircrafts. Installation approval is given by a mechanic under 14 CFR 1.1 / 14 CFR 43 Appendix A definition of a Minor Alteration. If the mechanic deems the installation of the NORSEE device as minor, then the device can be installed with a simple log book entry. If the mechanic feels that the installation is considered major, then a field approval will be needed for installation.